Saturday, February 27, 2010

DAY 5: A little more confidence (2.27.10)

I was again treated with a much needed nap at midday thanks to Grammy. Stephen took Gramps grocery shopping and the day went by with greater confidence - especially after a particularly successful feeding session. I could tell that my milk was finally starting to arrive mid morning. Zac’s sucking pattern was now different and I could hear distinct swallowing sounds that were significantly more satisfying sounding than previously experienced. I was at 100% yet, but we were well on our way.

Our new concern was diapers. We hadn’t seen a dirty or wet diaper in several hours (from about 3am to nearly 2pm). Mid morning, I enquired at the nurses’ station about this. They again assured me that as long as he’d had his initial dirty diapers, there was nothing to be concerned with. So we watched and waited and celebrated every dirty diaper after that (and still are).

No comments:

Post a Comment