Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 2: Induction (2.24.10)

Our morning started bright and early…well not so bright, seeing that the sun still isn’t up till nearly 7:30. Stephen headed for home (shower, food, fresh clothes) at shortly after 7, while I cleaned up and dressed for the day. We had an 8am monitoring session, so when 8 came around, I waddled over to L&D, got hooked up and tried to zonk out while listening to my baby boy’s heartbeat.

The previous night’s monitoring and the mornings’ sessions showed that peanut was doing well and was ready for a bit more persuasion. The doctor came to me in L&D at 8:30 and administered the hormonal treatment…let me tell you, that doesn’t tickle! No need for details, but just rest-assured that it included a painful examination followed by an invasive “application”. We were monitored for an hour, during which time I really began to feel different.
I had continued to have gentle, irregular contractions throughout the night, but the way things were feeling now were quite different. The night contractions were generally high in my belly, short and fluid. These new morning contractions were very low, long and concentrated. Still relatively painless though, MANY thanks to God. At 9:30am we were released back to the room for some breakfast and rest.

By the afternoon, the contractions had ceased. It was time to do application #2. The same procedure resulted in more contractions throughout the night. We were continuously monitored every 2 hours until midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment