Monday, April 12, 2010

My first week flying solo

Last monday (Apr. 5) Stephen returned to work, so it was my first week flying solo.

We did great! I love being a mommy!

On Monday, not only did I care for my son, I clean my house too! Well, not the whole thing, just the parts that company would see :) (dishes, vac/mop downstairs, tidying, etc).

Tuesday was also very good, got a few more chores done - but then Wed. brought a tough evening as Zac was up almost every hour from 2am on. Having so little sleep totally fizzed my super mommy game.

Thur. he gave me a good long break during the night (almost 5.5 hours) which helped to make Friday a good day, but by now I was pooped and barely got the dishwasher unloaded.

In addition to our first week alone together, we also took our first hike! We packed a backpack and Stephen strapped on the baby and we hiked our way to some castle ruins in a village just 10 min. from our house. The weather was fantastic! We got about 90% of the way to the ruins when Zac decided that he wanted some lunch. Great news, I'm breastfeeding, I just happened to have brought my breasts with us on the hike! And hey, look, there's a bench. So Zac enjoyed some boobie-al fresco!

By the time Zac was done with his lunch, Stephen was shakey with hunger, so we decided to turn back and head down the opposide side of the hill to a lovely german restaurant where we enjoyed a long and large lunch. Zac was so good! he only squeeked a couple of times.

All in all, we had a great but tiring week - and we're looking forward to more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment