Thursday, July 23, 2009

While he's gone

So Stephen has been in the States working for just short of 2 weeks. He'll be home in 4 more days. I've been marveling at how my lifestyle changes the longer he's gone.

At the beginning of his absence I made (from scratch) chicken fried rice - it was fun, relatively easy and delicious! In the middle, I was still cooking/grilling and enjoyed some gourmet spiced turkey sausage. Last night I think I may have hit a low...pan fried spam and instant mashed potatoes. Well, I thought so, until I was at the check-out at the grocery store today.

My cart included: Cat food, wheat thins, fresh fruit, pimento spread, a frozen turkey dinner and a Twinkie. I started to laugh at myself. It was the perfect confluence of crazy cat lady and "table for one".

"Oh, common" you say, "how in the world does your cart say 'crazy cat lady'". Well...I had cat food...60 cans of various flavors. Which roughly equates to half a metric ton of cat food. Cat Food + frozen dinner = lonely woman* w/ cats :D

Stephen better get home soon...I'm not sure where this downward spiral will take me ;P



*Don't worry, I'm not actually lonely. I've got 3 cats!

1 comment:

  1. You could have bought TWO tv dinners of the same kind and dispelled the lonely woman...just a lazy woman with cats!!!;-p LOL!

    ReplyDelete